More than 3,200 mining and heavy equipment items will be sold in Ritchie Bros. Edmonton unreserved public auction on March 7 - 8-mining equipment also featured in upcoming Chehalis, WA and Johannesburg, South Africa auctions
Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest auctioneer of mining, construction and other heavy equipment, will sell a large selection of late model mining equipment at its unreserved public auction in
Edmonton, AB on
March 7 - 8, 2013, starting at
8 a.m. each day. Mining equipment will also be sold at other upcoming unreserved auctions in
Chehalis, WA (
March 5) and
Johannesburg, South Africa (
March 27). Bids can be made in-person at the auction site, online at
www.rbauction.com or by proxy.
"This will be
Ritchie Bros.' first auction in
Edmonton in 2013 and features a great mix of late model mining and construction equipment," said
Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager,
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "The
Alberta mining industry is moving steadily with plenty of potential for growth. We're seeing a lot of mining equipment moving in and out of our auctions here in Edmonton—contractors are selling their assets to upgrade or diversify their fleets. This auction will be a great opportunity for bidders around the world to get the equipment they need at the price they want to pay."
More than 3,200 mining and other equipment items will be sold in the
Edmonton, AB auction. Specific equipment highlights in the auction include:
- More than 65 hydraulic excavators (incl. Komatsu PC1800-6, PC1250LC-8 & two Hitachi EX1800's)
- More than 35 crawler tractors (incl. Caterpillar D9T, D8T & a 2012 John Deere 750J LGP)
- More than 35 wheel loaders (incl. a 2011 Komatsu WA500-6 & a 2008 Caterpillar 988H)
- More than 30 articulated dump trucks (incl. 10 Volvo A40D 6x6 & two 2007 Komatsu HM400-2 6x6)
- More than 15 rock trucks (incl. Caterpillar 770, 777D, 773D & two 2006 Komatsu HD465-7E0)
- 10 crushers (incl. a 2003 Nordberg HP400 portable cone crusher)
A large selection of the mining equipment will be sold for North American Construction Group Inc., a premier provider of mining, heavy construction, industrial and piling services in
"We look forward to this
auction and working with
. every year," said
, Vice President, North American Construction Group. "We sell some items through
. auctions year-round, but this is the single largest selling event of each year for us. We choose
. because they are a well-known, well-respected name throughout the industry and they generate a lot of interest for our equipment—all while providing both buyers and sellers with a good opportunity to achieve their economic goals."
Chehalis, WA auction - March 5, starting at 8:00 a.m.
Two days prior to the
. will sell more than 1,600 mining and other heavy equipment items and trucks at an unreserved public auction in
. Equipment highlights include: 23 hydraulic excavators (incl. 2006 Hitachi EX1900-5), 23 crawler tractors (incl. Caterpillar D10T, D10R, D9R), 18 rock trucks (incl. Caterpillar 777F, 777D) and hundreds of other heavy equipment items & trucks.
Johannesburg, South Africa auction - March 27, starting at 9:00 a.m.
. will conduct an unreserved auction in
, ZAF featuring more than 320 mining equipment items. Equipment highlights include: 95 rock trucks (incl. Caterpillar 777B, 777D, 777C, 785B), 56 articulated dump trucks (incl. Volvo A40E, A40D, A35D), 43 hydraulic excavators (incl. Hitachi EX1200-5C, ZX870LCH-3), 41 crawler tractors (incl. Caterpillar D11R, D11N, D10N, D9T, D9N), 11 wheel loaders (incl. Caterpillar 994D, 992G, 992D) and more.
General auction details:
About Ritchie Bros.
- Auction locations & phone numbers:
- Edmonton, AB: 1500 Sparrow Drive, Nisku, AB, T9E 8H6 | Phone: +1.780.955.2486
- Chehalis, WA: 214 Ritchie Lane, Chehalis, WA, 98532 | Phone: +1.360.767.3000
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Call +27 (0) 11 025 9787 for up-to-date auction information.
- Every auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time online bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
Established in 1958,
. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the
and other industries.
. offers compelling solutions that make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence. The Company conducts hundreds of unreserved public auctions each year, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world (
). The Company also operates an online marketplace through
. EquipmentOne (
) and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through
. Financial Services (
). The Company has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide.
: Photos and other media resources are available for use at
. Members of the public and the media can follow
. on Twitter @RitchieBros.