PARSIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) today announced that the Company has recognized more than 1,000 Customer Experience Owners (C.E.O.s). Introduced in North America in 2011, the C.E.O. program highlights the achievements of team members who have been praised by Avis Car Rental, Budget Car Rental and Budget Truck Rental customers for providing exemplary service.
"One of our four strategic pillars for driving sustained, profitable growth is to 'put the customer first,'" said Ronald L. Nelson, chairman and chief executive officer, Avis Budget Group. "Having a recognition program like this allows us to honor team members who have been taking care — good care — of customers, and serves to help others understand that this is a priority."
C.E.O.s recognized by the Company to date have ranged from a customer service representative in Tulsa, to a service agent in Albuquerque, to a vehicle dispatcher in Orlando. Examples of recent C.E.O.s celebrated by customers for outstanding service include:
- Sterling (Ray) Roberts, supply chain manager from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, made an Avis First customer feel like family.
In the words of the customer: "I returned from a trip to find my key fob malfunctioning. There I was in my own car unable to get home. Since I always use Avis when traveling, I thought to ask them for help. When I told Ray Roberts what had happened, he was very concerned. Ray drove me back to my car and helped me test the battery cables. When he realized that the car battery was dead, he assisted me with getting my car started. He was a lifesaver. He refused to leave until he was sure that my car started and I was able to get home to my family. He went out of his way and showed such kindness and concern. That is the way you treat family. Well, that night I felt very grateful to be a part of the Avis family."
- Erin Myers, rental sales associate from Indianapolis International Airport, made her customer feel glad she chose Budget by going the extra mile.
The customer recounts: "I had booked through an online travel site, and they made an error. Erin got everything taken care of, but then she did the unimaginable. She offered to escort me to my car, pulling my suitcase the entire way. She then put it in the trunk of the car for me and walked the outside of the car to note any dings or such. I have never been treated so kindly. She is an exceptional employee. She had no way of knowing that my shoulder is injured and it is extremely difficult for me to manipulate my suitcase. Erin really was a guardian angel for me."
- Jean Marie Pirone, dealer response representative from the Budget Truck Rental dealer relations department in Parsippany, built a trusted relationship with her caring attitude and desire to help.
The customer shared: "…She is totally effective every time I call her and she follows up when needed to make sure all is well. Jean can be counted on every time, and I feel goes the extra mile, even when it may not be her problem to deal with. Jean should be held up as an example to the entire Budget family as to how to do your job."Avis Budget Group's C.E.O. program is a component of the Company's "Customer Led, Service Driven" initiative, which helps ensure that team members, including agency operators, dealers, licensees and employees, view all aspects of the customer experience through the eyes of the customer to deliver a level of service that consistently meets or exceeds the specific needs, wants and preferences of Avis and Budget customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV