Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is proud to announce the two winners of the 2012 Favorite Pharmacy Team Member contest are a pharmacy technician from Ada, Ohio, and a long-time customer of the Birmingham, Mich., store. Both were selected at random from more than 13,000 entries in the annual contest honoring Rite Aid's pharmacy team members for their commitment to customer care and service. Established in 2003, the contest was expanded to all pharmacy team members for the first time in 2012.
To enter, customers submitted mail-in nominations, in-store forms and online ballots during American Pharmacists Month in October. The names of one customer and one pharmacy team member were each drawn to receive $2,500 in Rite Aid gift cards. And every nominated "favorite" pharmacy team member receives an official pin and letter of commendation from Rite Aid Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer John Standley.
"We're proud of the excellent service that our pharmacy teams provide Rite Aid customers each and every day," said Dan Miller, Rite Aid's senior vice president of pharmacy operations. "I'd like to congratulate all of our pharmacy teams across the country on their dedication, which enables Rite Aid to provide services, products, and resources to help our customers lead healthier lives."
Rite Aid's winning Pharmacy Team Member is Cheryl Minix, a pharmacy technician for more than six years at the store in Ada, Ohio. Minix was nominated for being helpful, friendly and asking customers by name how they are doing."It was awesome" to see Minix recognized as the first-ever pharmacy technician to receive the award, said pharmacy manager Mike Elliott. "Cheryl is an invaluable member of our team and helps us all look good – the way she always sends customers away on a positive note or goes out of her way to help a customer find a product on the shelf."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV