NUREMBERG, Germany and CARLSBAD, Calif., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Embedded World -- Altium Limited, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation and provider of solutions for 3D PCB design ( Altium Designer) and embedded software development ( TASKING), has launched the new Altium Vault Server.
Altium Vault Server represents a new generation of the company's exclusive Vault technology, which is at the heart of Altium's smart data management technologies. Vaults are a powerful complement to Altium Designer that pave the way for eliminating risks inherent when working with electronics design data.
Organizations can enhance productivity and organization-wide collaboration while also avoiding uncertainty around supply chain decisions and releasing designs to manufacture.
In order to meet the needs of small and large organizations, Altium provides two options:Altium Personal VaultThe Altium Personal Vault (APV) is a complete electronic design data management system aimed at helping individuals or small groups gain control over reuse and optimally leveraging their IP. Altium Vault ServerAltium's Vault Server (AVS) is a powerful engineering content management solution that is ideal for businesses needing to gain control over reuse and optimally leveraging their intellectual property (IP), coupled with user management, design data sharing and collaboration capabilities. "Over the past few months we have engaged with key, early adopter customers to ensure that customer needs and expectations are understood and built into this first phase of deployment of the Vault and will be carried throughout the future product roadmap," said Frank Hoschar, Altium CMO. "We have confidence that this next-generation Vault is a solid and fundamental design data management platform for our users." Altium Vaults bridge the worlds of design with fabrication, assembly and procurement and provide users with the following key benefits:
- Shortened Design cycles through IP Reusability: Items in vaults represent reusable design content, building blocks of components that can be reused and shared to all areas of the design organization.
- Traceability and where-used information through Disciplined Revisioning: Formal revisioning and life-cycle management of components and data used in a design.
- Reduced risk of designing in wrong components through Supply-Chain Intelligence: Links to the supply chain give designers real-time information about the parts specified in a design.
- Collaboration through secure and trusted channels: Mechanism for designers to easily and securely share design and manufacturing data both inside and outside of their respective organizations.
- Error reduction through repeatable, formal release processes: All data inside the vault is created through a formal process with automated tests and checks. This is the same for a schematic symbol, a complete component description or a full set of fabrication data for the bare or assembled board.