Feb. 27, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Embedded World --
, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation and provider of solutions for 3D PCB design (
) and embedded software development (
), has launched the new Altium Vault Server.
Altium Vault Server represents a new generation of the company's exclusive Vault technology, which is at the heart of Altium's smart data management technologies. Vaults are a powerful complement to Altium Designer that pave the way for eliminating risks inherent when working with electronics design data.
Organizations can enhance productivity and organization-wide collaboration while also avoiding uncertainty around supply chain decisions and releasing designs to manufacture.
In order to meet the needs of small and large organizations, Altium provides two options:
Altium Personal Vault
The Altium Personal Vault (APV) is a complete electronic design data management system aimed at helping individuals or small groups gain control over reuse and optimally leveraging their IP.
Altium Vault Server
Altium's Vault Server (AVS) is a powerful engineering content management solution that is ideal for businesses needing to gain control over reuse and optimally leveraging their intellectual property (IP), coupled with user management, design data sharing and collaboration capabilities.
"Over the past few months we have engaged with key, early adopter customers to ensure that customer needs and expectations are understood and built into this first phase of deployment of the Vault and will be carried throughout the future product roadmap," said
, Altium CMO. "We have confidence that this next-generation Vault is a solid and fundamental design data management platform for our users."
Altium Vaults bridge the worlds of design with fabrication, assembly and procurement and provide users with the following key benefits:
Pricing and Availability
- Shortened Design cycles through IP Reusability: Items in vaults represent reusable design content, building blocks of components that can be reused and shared to all areas of the design organization.
- Traceability and where-used information through Disciplined Revisioning: Formal revisioning and life-cycle management of components and data used in a design.
- Reduced risk of designing in wrong components through Supply-Chain Intelligence: Links to the supply chain give designers real-time information about the parts specified in a design.
- Collaboration through secure and trusted channels: Mechanism for designers to easily and securely share design and manufacturing data both inside and outside of their respective organizations.
- Error reduction through repeatable, formal release processes: All data inside the vault is created through a formal process with automated tests and checks. This is the same for a schematic symbol, a complete component description or a full set of fabrication data for the bare or assembled board.
The Altium Personal Vault is included with Altium Designer 2013 and Altium Subscription, allowing three concurrent, anonymous connections.
The Altium Vault Server is a separate option, pricing is based on an organizations' individual needs. The initial purchase of the Altium Vault will be
per user. This includes five perpetual client access licenses (CAL) to the AVS, first year subscription that gives access to updates and support. APV and AVS are planned to be released at the end of
McClenahan Bruer+1 503-546-1000
Altium Limited (ASX:ALU) creates electronics design software. Altium's unified electronics design environment links all aspects of electronics product design in a single application that is priced as affordable as possible. This enables electronics designers to innovate, harness the latest devices and technologies, manage their projects across broad design 'ecosystems', and create connected, intelligent designs.
Founded in 1985, Altium has headquarters in
, and operates worldwide. For more information, visit
. You can also follow and engage with Altium via
SOURCE Altium Inc.