TS2 Expands Afghanistan's Internet Access With New Ka-Band Satellite Communications Services
WARSAW, Poland, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TS2 Satellite Technologies is among the first carriers to have access to Avanti's HYLAS 2, the most state-of-the-art satellite designed for broadband communications. It is equipped with Ka bandwidth transponders that enable bidirectional data transmission and additional services for corporations, individuals, and government agencies in rapidly growing international markets.
TS2 launches the first commercial links in Afghanistan, where its strategic customers are located, but it will also in selected African and East European countries, and, of course, in Poland.
HYLAS 2 was placed on the orbit at 31 degrees E on August 2, 2012. It has 24 Ku-band transmitting and 6 receiving transponders. Its estimated life is more than 15 years (fuel stock for 16 years). The satellite has been built by Orbital Sciences Corporation, and it has a throughput nearly three times as high as that of HYLAS 1.
- access to the Internet and all IP services that is fully independent of terrestrial connections
- guaranteed VoIP, VPN, and videoconferencing connections
- backbone and corporate network solutions
- backhaul satellite solutions for GSM networks to extend cellular telephony reach
- ensured communications in case of terrestrial network failures
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV