Discover Financial Services today announced the launch of Discover Cashback Checking SM – the latest addition to the company’s growing suite of direct banking products that includes credit cards, home loans, student loans, personal loans, CDs, money market accounts and savings accounts.
Cashback Checking accounts pay customers 10 cents for every debit card purchase, Online Bill Payment and check they write. Rewards are automatically added to the account holder’s Discover card Cashback Bonus® balance.
The new accounts are now available to a limited number of Discover cardmembers, with availability expanding to all cardmembers gradually throughout the year. A full consumer roll out is planned for 2014.
“Our goal for Discover Cashback Checking is to provide customers with the best value, service and rewards in the industry,” said Roger Hochschild, Discover’s president and chief operating officer. “We combined what customers most want in a checking account with the latest technology to provide a truly breakthrough product.”Discover Cashback Checking includes:
- Fee-free features: No monthly fees, no minimum balances, free checks and replacement cards. There are no Discover fees at 415,000 ATMs in the U.S.
- Convenience: An app that lets customers easily bank on the go with mobile check deposit, mobile bill pay and an ATM locator
- Stellar service: 24/7 service from Discover’s U.S.-based customer service team
- Protection: $0 fraud liability for unauthorized transactions and bill pay protection
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts