During the fourth quarter of 2012, significant new commitments included:
- $170 million in a second lien senior term loan and equity of a keg management solutions provider;
- $125 million in first lien senior revolving and term loans and equity of a payroll and accounting services provider to the entertainment industry;
- $112 million in a second lien senior term loan of a revenue cycle management provider to the emergency healthcare industry;
- $91 million in the subordinated certificates of the SSLP, the proceeds of which were applied to co-investments with GE to fund first lien senior secured loans to eight portfolio companies in a variety of industries;
- $75 million in a second lien senior term loan of a healthcare patient infection control and preventive care solutions provider;
- $73 million in first lien senior revolving, delayed draw and term loans and equity of an endurance sports media and event operator;
- $69 million in first lien senior revolving, delayed draw and term loans of a correctional facility healthcare operator;
- $56 million in first lien delayed draw and term loans of a solar power generation facility developer and operator;
- $50 million in first lien revolving, delayed draw and term loans of an airport restaurant operator;
- $43 million first lien delayed draw and term loans of a healthcare technology provider; and
- $26 million in first lien delayed draw and term loans of a records and information management services provider.
Also during the fourth quarter of 2012, Ares Capital exited approximately $1,157.2 million of investment commitments. Investment commitments exited in the fourth quarter were driven by the elevated amount of liquidity in the markets and anticipated changes in tax regulations, resulting in a higher level of refinancing, repayment and sale activity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts