(2) Basic and diluted Core EPS is a non-GAAP financial measure. Core EPS is the net per share increase (decrease) in stockholders’ equity resulting from operations less realized and unrealized gains and losses, any incentive fees attributable to such net realized and unrealized gains and losses and any income taxes related to such realized gains. Basic and diluted GAAP EPS is the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure. Ares Capital believes that Core EPS provides useful information to investors regarding financial performance because it is one method Ares Capital uses to measure its financial condition and results of operations. The presentation of this additional information is not meant to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for financial results prepared in accordance with GAAP. Reconciliations of basic and diluted Core EPS to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure are set forth in Schedule 1 hereto.
(3) For the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012, the dividends declared include additional dividends of $0.05 per share and $0.10 per share, respectively.
|(dollar amounts in millions)||Q4-12||Q4-11||FY-12||FY-11|
|Portfolio Activity During the Period:|
|Exits of commitments||$||1,157.2||$||688.1||$||2,614.5||2,603.1|
|Portfolio as of the End of the Period:|
|Number of portfolio company investments||152||141|
|Weighted average yield of debt and other income producing securities:|
|At fair value(4)||11.3||%||12.0||%|
|At amortized cost(5)||11.4||%||12.1||%|
(4) Computed as (a) annual stated interest rate or yield earned plus the net annual amortization of original issue discount and market discount earned on accruing debt and other income producing securities, divided by (b) total debt and other income producing securities at fair value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV