CARLE PLACE, N.Y., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Roses are red, daisies are great , International Women's Day is coming up, and 1-800-FLOWERS.COM wants to help celebrate! This March 8, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLWS), the world's leading florist and gift shop, is calling upon all women to come together to recognize one another for their achievements through the observance of International Women's Day. Though the holiday is widely recognized on an international scale, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM is aiming to raise awareness for this holiday nationwide by creating the "Women's Week" floral collection – a variety of arrangements that are designed to help spread messages of encouragement, inspiration and support to women across the country.
" International Women's Day is a day for us to celebrate all the women in our lives - from friends and family members, to colleagues and mentors – and their achievements on society, whether on a global, national, local or personal scale," said Jim McCann, CEO & Founder of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. The 'Women's Week' floral collection that we've put together honors women worldwide, recognizing the individual mark they've all made on this world."
In many countries, women are honored on International Women's Day with gifts – often times, flowers – as a way for one to show their appreciation. To further encourage the celebration of International Women's Day here in the United States, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM has put together the "Women's Week" floral collection, providing consumers with a heartfelt way to celebrate and show recognition to the most important women in their lives. The "Women's Week" floral collection will be during the week and days leading up to this growing holiday.
Each hand-crafted arrangement included in the "Women's Week" floral collection captures the emotions and sentiment of International Women's Day. Consumers have the options of choosing bouquets made up of pink flowers, which conveys love and passion; lavender flowers, which represents beauty and admiration; yellow flowers, a symbol of happiness and friendship; or mixed bouquets, incorporating a blend of color and emotion. The floral arrangements that make up the current "Women's Week" floral collection include:
- Shades of Inspiration™ - A truly original bouquet of lovely roses, daisy poms, stock, alstroemeria and monte casino in shades of pink and purple that are delivered in a stylish purple glass vase to bring out the richness of color to say "I admire you"
- Pink Petal Roses – The delicate bloom color and soft petals make this bouquet a classic choice for anyone who wants to say "Thanks", "Congrats" or "I'm glad you're in my life"
- Fields of Europe™ – Inspired by a spectrum of color, this gathering of fresh roses, lilies, alstroemeria and poms is the perfect way to send a smile to the special woman in your life
- Passion for Purple Roses™ – Gathered fresh from select floral farms, our passionate purple rose bouquet evokes luxury, nobility and love
- Pitcher Full of Tulips – This sunny bouquet of assorted tulips, hand-arranged in a charming, reusable white pitcher, serves up the vibrant beauty of the holiday for any recipient
- Serene Green™ – This peaceful green and white arrangement of carnations, Gerbera daisies, lilies, daisy poms and more, stylishly arranged in a clear glass gathering vase, will have them reflecting and meditating on your thoughtfulness
- Charming Rose Garden™ – Our pairing of beautiful blooming rose plants, in pink for grace and yellow for joy, arrives in a charming white picket fence planter with a lovely bow
- Assorted Roses and Peruvian Lilies – A rainbow of fresh and fragrant assorted roses is partnered with striking exotic white Peruvian lilies to deliver smiles for anyone celebrating International Women's Day