Coinstar Begins Rollout Of PayPal Functionality On Select Kiosks
Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Coinstar, a leader in self-service coin-counting, announced a new feature available at select
Coinstar® kiosks that enables consumers to conveniently and securely add coins and paper currency into or withdraw funds from their PayPal account, as well as send money to another PayPal account. The rollout began this month in
Northern California and
Ohio and will continue at select kiosks throughout the year.
Coinstar and PayPal conducted a test of the new service in the Dallas metropolitan area last year and quickly saw adoption and interest from users. For instance, initial test results revealed that 40% of kiosk users who used the PayPal feature went back to use PayPal on a Coinstar kiosk an average of two times a month.
As the worlds of online and traditional brick and mortar commerce continue to converge, consumers are increasingly embracing PayPal as a convenient and secure payment solution.
"PayPal on Coinstar exemplifies how we continue to empower consumers to change what they have into what they want," said Mike Skinner, president of Coinstar's Coin business. "From the convenience of a grocery store, consumers can turn their coins and paper currency into digital spending power anywhere PayPal is accepted."
"We're delighted to work with Coinstar to enable our users to transact anytime, anywhere and in any way," said Dan Schatt, head of Financial Innovations at PayPal. "PayPal on Coinstar kiosks provide customers with a convenient way to add coins and paper currency to their PayPal account and spend their money anywhere PayPal is accepted."Consumers can find the closest Coinstar kiosk with PayPal functionality by using the Machine Locator tool at www.coinstar.com/paypal. At these Coinstar kiosks, PayPal users can:
- Add coins and paper currency to their PayPal account
- Withdraw cash from their PayPal account (a voucher is issued to be redeemed in store)
- Send funds to another PayPal user's account
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV