NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In case I haven't given it away in my writing, I'm not a big fan of most Wall Street analysts. So, right off of the bat, you and I (assuming you're not a Wall Street analyst) have something in common. Though, I understand many of those cats are self-hating anyway.
Nevertheless, the ones who are good (and there are many dozens) are damn good. Tony Wible, who covers Netflix (NFLX) for Janney Montgomery Scott. Great example. It's also tough not to like Richard Tullo, who covers Pandora (P), among other stocks, for Albert Fried.
Watch Tullo's Tuesday appearance on CNBC, where he does two excellent things we do not see enough on television or read as much as we should in print and online.
Number one. Tullo tells CNBC,
Listen, Pandora is a great company, but it has run like 65% off of its lows. We would be nuts not to take profits; as such, we'll advise our clients to do the same. See,
I hope Tullo gets called in to testify in front of Congress. Of course, they will not call me, but, if they did, I would be there in a heartbeat. To defend not only Pandora, but Spotify as well. Make no mistake, if you defend Internet radio companies, you are standing up for musicians and consumers of music. That puts you at odds with the record labels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV