- Revenues were $1.82 billion for the fourth quarter and $6.71 billion for 2012
- Segment operating margin was 7.7 percent for the fourth quarter and 6.8 percent for 2012
- Total operating margin was 5.8 percent for the fourth quarter and 5.3 percent for 2012
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.98 for the quarter and $2.91 for 2012
- Cash and cash equivalents were $1.1 billion at year-end
NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) reported fourth quarter 2012 revenues of $1.82 billion, up 5.1 percent from the same period last year. Segment operating income for the fourth quarter was $140 million, compared to $127 million in the same period last year. Total operating income for the fourth quarter was $106 million, compared to $121 million in the same period last year. Pension-adjusted total operating income for the fourth quarter was $131 million, or 7.2 percent of revenue, compared to $118 million, or 6.8 percent of revenue in the comparable period of 2011, which excludes the $10 million non-cash goodwill impairment finalization adjustment. The increase was primarily attributable to improved segment operating performance at Ingalls.
Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share was $0.98, compared to diluted earnings per share of $1.35 in the same period of 2011. Fourth quarter pension-adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.30, compared to $1.25 in the comparable period of 2011.
For the year, revenues were $6.71 billion, an increase of 2.0 percent over 2011. Segment operating income for the year was $457 million, compared to $122 million in 2011. Total operating income for the year was $358 million, compared to $100 million in 2011. Pension-adjusted total operating income for the year was $438 million, or 6.5 percent of revenue, compared to $413 million, or 6.3 percent of revenue in 2011, which excludes the impact of a $290 million non-cash goodwill impairment charge in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV