RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (NASDAQ: BDSI) today announced that the Company will host " Treatment of Pain and Opioid Dependence with Buprenorphine" for investors and analysts on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm, in New York City. This event will include insightful discussion from medical experts with extensive experience in the management of chronic pain and opioid dependence using various formulations of buprenorphine, including BDSI's BEMA Buprenorphine and BEMA Buprenorphine/Naloxone (BNX).
The presentations from physician experts include:
- "Treatment of Chronic Pain with Buprenorphine" by Joseph Pergolizzi, M.D. – Adjunct Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a senior partner in the Naples Anesthesia and Pain Associates Group. He is also the co-founder and chairman for the Association of Chronic Pain Patients.
- " Treatment of Opioid Dependence with Buprenorphine" by Gregory Sullivan, M.D. –Board certified in Addiction Medicine and Medical Director of Parkway Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama. For twenty years, Dr. Sullivan has been actively involved in government and pharmaceutical research on the mechanism, biology and treatment of addiction and pain.
- Panel discussion featuring Genie Bailey, MD, who will address topics including patient perspectives on the treatment of opioid dependence. Dr. Bailey is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Director of Research and Medical Director of the Dual Diagnosis Unit at Stanley Street Treatment and Resources, Inc (SSTAR).
All three experts will be on the panel and have participated in either the BEMA Buprenorphine chronic pain or BNX opioid addiction programs and will be able to offer their perspectives based on "hands on" experiences.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV