6,486 Now Included in "Circle of Honor" For Driving 25 Years or More Without Accident
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 27, 2013 /CNW/ - UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced the induction of 1,283 drivers into its elite " Circle of Honor," raising the number of drivers who have steered clear of accidents for 25 years or more to 6,486.
The number of new inductees is the largest for any single year in the company's history and includes 41 new members from Canada, Germany and Puerto Rico. Seven of the new inductees are Canadian and all work in Ontario: Owen Sound, Chatham, Oshawa and four from Toronto.
Collectively, the 6,486 drivers have logged more than 8.5 billion kilometres and more than 178,663 years of safe driving through their careers. That's enough kilometres to circle the earth 212,000 times."Keeping our highways and roads safe for travellers is our highest priority," said U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. "I commend UPS and these outstanding drivers for helping create safer roads for us all and achieving the milestone of 25 or more crash-free years of driving." Of the Circle of Honor members, 364 have been accident-free for 35 or more years, with 40 of those having driven more than 40 years without an accident. UPS Canada's top safe driver in 2012 is London package car driver Doug Coxon, who has driven 35 years and delivered more than 46 million packages without an accident. This year, 36 new inductees are females and 18 women have joined the ranks of those with more than 30 years of safe driving. This latter group is led by Orlando tractor-trailer driver Ginny Odom, who is credited with 38 years and more than 4.8 million kilometres without an accident. There are a total of 132 women in the Circle of Honor. UPS's 102,000 drivers worldwide are among the safest on the roads, logging nearly 4.8 billion kilometres per year with less than one accident per 1.6 million kilometres driven.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV