The Company’s segment revenues and distributable earnings will fluctuate materially depending upon the performance of its funds and the realization events within its private equity businesses, as well as other factors. Accordingly, the revenues and profits in any particular period should not be expected to be indicative of future results.
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT
As of December 31, 2012, assets under management (“AUM”) totaled $53.4 billion, up 4% from $51.5 billion as of September 30, 2012 and up 22% from $43.7 billion as of December 31, 2011. During the fourth quarter of 2012, Fortress raised $1.4 billion of capital that was directly added to AUM, had a $1.4 billion increase in invested capital and had a $1.0 billion increase in its fund valuations. These increases to AUM were partially offset by (i) $1.4 billion of capital distributions to investors, (ii) $0.2 billion of RCA payments to Credit Hedge Fund investors and (iii) $0.2 billion of net client outflows for Logan Circle. As of December 31, 2012, the Private Equity Funds and Credit PE Funds had approximately $0.8 billion and $5.4 billion of uncalled capital, respectively, that will become assets under management if deployed/called. Uncalled capital in our Credit PE Funds includes $1.1 billion that is only available for follow-on investments, management fees and other fund expenses.
BUSINESS SEGMENT RESULTSBelow is a discussion of fourth quarter 2012 segment results and business highlights. Credit:
- Drawbridge Special Opportunities Fund LP had a net return of 4.2% for the fourth quarter of 2012 and 17.9% for the year ended December 31, 2012
- Raised $0.9 billion of third party capital in the fourth quarter, bringing total capital raised in full year 2012 to $4.6 billion
- Deployed $0.9 billion of capital during the quarter and distributed $0.4 billion of capital back to limited partners
- Held final close for Fortress Japan Opportunity Fund II (“FJOF II”) at its cap of ¥130 billion, or approximately $1.7 billion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV