Broadwind Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWEN):
- Order intake of $69 million increased from prior-year quarter; year-end backlog rose 23% from September 30, 2012 to $123 million
- Q4 sales of $44.9 million, down 18% from prior-year quarter, due to expiration of the Production Tax Credit (PTC) at the end of the year
- SGA expenses (excluding restructuring costs) declined 24% to $5.0 million from Q4 of the prior year
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $.7 million from prior-year loss of $1.0 million, driven by improved efficiencies and operating expense reductions
- Operating working capital reduced $17.7 million from Q3 2012 to $21.6 million, 12% of Q4 annualized sales
- Operating line of credit paid down by $16.6 million during the quarter; balance outstanding less than $1 million at 12/31/12
Broadwind Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWEN) reported sales of $44.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, an 18% decrease compared to $55.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. As expected, the decrease reflects the acceleration of wind tower shipments into earlier quarters in anticipation of the expiration of the Production Tax Credit at the end of 2012.
The Company reported a net loss from continuing operations of $5.9 million or $.41 per share in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to a loss of $5.7 million or $.41 per share during the fourth quarter of 2011. The slight increase in net loss was primarily due to increased amortization expense associated with a customer intangible. The Company reported non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, share-based payments and restructuring) of $.7 million during the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to an adjusted EBITDA loss of $1.0 million during the fourth quarter of 2011. The progress reflected significantly improved operating results for all segments, partially offset by the impact of 17% lower tower volume throughput in the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV