Proportional Free Cash Flow is expected to be $750 to $1,050 million, reflecting a decline due to increased environmental capital expenditures at AES Gener and IPL, which will help drive future earnings growth, and lower operating performance at DPL, primarily driven by lower PJM capacity prices and an expected transition to the market. Consolidated Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities is also expected to decline, due to higher working capital requirements in Brazil.
Table 2: 2013 Guidance and Reconciliation
Full Year 2013 Guidance
|Adjusted EPS 1||$||1.24-1.32|
|Proportional Free Cash Flow 1 (a)||$||750-1,050||M|
|Reconciling Factor 2 (b)||$||1,750-2,050||M|
|Cash Flow from Operating Activities (a + b)||$||2,500-3,100||M|
1 A non-GAAP financial measure. See “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” for definitions and reconciliations to the most comparable GAAP financial measures.
2 Primarily includes minority interest, maintenance capex and environmental capex. See Appendix for details of the reconciliation.
2012 Operating DriversIn 2012, the Company implemented a reorganization into six market-oriented Strategic Business Units (“SBUs”): US (United States), Andes (Chile, Colombia, and Argentina), Brazil, MCAC (Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean), EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), and Asia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV