Earth Hour Launches Global 2013 Campaign As A Platform For Outcomes To Change The Planet
The importance of the grassroots element of inspiration of Earth Hour is evident in the case of two volunteers in Libya, Mohammed Nattah and Muhammad Bugashata, who with the help of Libya's scout groups have successfully created the first environmental movement in their country post civil war.
"I wanted to join in 2011 but that wasn't an option because my city went through a lot that year - the war and everything," said Nattah.
"This year we've been able to get the movement to spread from two to five cities across the country, with locals and NGOs taking part in various I Will If You Will challenges," said Bugashata.
Ridley believes that in the face of the threat of an unsustainable future, the grassroots nature of the Earth Hour movement and the can-do attitude of its participants to mobilize action, are the tipping points helping to deliver real environmental outcomes, both big and small."People from all walks of life, from all nations around the world, are the lifeblood of the Earth Hour interconnected global community. They have proven time and time again that if you believe in something strongly enough, you can achieve amazing things. These stories aren't unique, this is happening all over the world," he said. Since 2007 when 2.2 million people took part in the first Earth Hour in Sydney, Australia, Earth Hour has massively expanded to over 7,000 cities and towns in 152 countries and territories with hundreds of millions of participants across seven continents. In 2013, Earth Hour is not merely an annual event, but is a continuous movement driving real actions to change the world we live in. Earth Hour 2013 will take place at 8.30pm - 9.30pm on Saturday 23 March * An exclusive economic zone (EEZ) is a sea-zone over which a state has special rights over the exploration and use of marine resources. *Data provided by Girl Scouts Forever Green - Save Energy, developed in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency and Earth Hour http://www.girlscouts.org/gsforevergreen/Earth-Hour.asp See the Earth Hour 2013 Official Video at www.ehour.me/2013ViD Press images from the global media launch can be downloaded at http://ehour.me/WmbuK8 Press images of Earth Hour can be downloaded at http://earthhour.org/media-centre/images Downloadable video footage of the global event will be available in four B-rolls for media, covering major regions at http://www.earthhour.org/media-centre/videos To join the global community head to:
- Earth Hour www.earthhour.org
- Facebook www.facebook.com/earthhour
- Twitter www.twitter.com/earthhour
- YouTube www.YouTube.com/EarthHour
- Google+ http://plus.google.com/+EarthHour
- Instagram http://instagram.com/earthhourofficial
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV