Portable QRC® WBT "Records The Air" To Identify Spectrum Disruption
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. and BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- QRC Technologies, a systems integrator specializing in mobile cellular measurement products, today announced at Mobile World Congress 2013 the launch of its Wide Band Transcorder (WBT), a self-contained radio frequency (RF) recording and playback system that helps commercial enterprises and government organizations more quickly and cost-effectively address various RF problems.
Exploding consumer demand for smartphones, tablets, TVs, cars and other wirelessly connected devices is putting increasing pressure on the radio spectrum available for consumer use. Broadcasters, broadband providers, commercial entities and governments are challenged with operating within finite RF spectrum, while tackling major threats such as growing interference. At the same time, limited resources are forcing organizations to tackle spectrum-related challenges more cost effectively.
"Fixing RF issues and challenges such as interference or equipment malfunction is generally easy; it's reproducing the issue on-demand that can be difficult, time-consuming and costly," said Tom Callahan, General Manager and CTO, QRC Technologies. "Other RF recording devices on the market today are designed for lab environments and can be expensive, cumbersome and difficult to operate. The affordable and portable WBT requires virtually no training and takes the guesswork out of capturing RF issues and environments, so organizations can better focus on business and customer needs."The WBT is ideal for a wide range of applications and industries including reference signal recording and playback, signal analysis, electronic warfare, market penetration, interference analysis, training, receiver test and design, security, competitive analysis, surveillance, spectrum allocation, repeater, IED profiling, RADAR testing and other capabilities. Sample use cases can be found at WBT.QrcTech.com and include, but are not limited to, industries such as:
- Telecommunications – Pinpoint the root cause of dropped calls and enhance the user experience.
- Capital Equipment Optimization – Record complex waveforms or special test cases from other equipment and/or simulation and signal processing tools and replay them at an unlimited number of locations.
- Government – Identify commercial and military radar interference to keep troops safe and to simulate real world situations in a controlled test environment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts