Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWKS), an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets, today introduced several new backlight LED drivers supporting next-generation smartphones and tablets. Skyworks’ family of highly efficient, integrated, multi-channel products are tailored to support display panels ranging in size from 4 to 12 inches, significantly enhancing image quality and resolution while maximizing battery life. The multi-channel architecture and highly efficient, DC/DC boost-technology enable LED backlight driver efficiencies exceeding 90 percent and facilitate superior dimming performance.
“Skyworks is excited to be offering smartphone and tablet providers a broad range of analog power management and lighting solutions,” said John O’Neill, vice president and general manager of power, lighting and display at Skyworks. “The need for increasingly complex solutions to help meet consumers’ insatiable desire for longer battery life and better image quality from their mobile devices represents a strategic growth opportunity for Skyworks. Given our broad product portfolio and in-house, RF and analog systems design expertise, Skyworks is uniquely positioned to address these needs particularly as our customers seek highly integrated architectures that deliver best-in-class performance.”
According to IHS iSuppli, shipments of smartphones with screens 5 inches or larger will more than double this year to over 60 million units in 2013 as consumers are increasingly attracted to larger screen sizes. Currently, large-screen phones represent approximately 7 percent of the overall smartphone market.
Through its power management portfolio which includes LED flash and backlight drivers, discrete voltage regulators, PMICs and battery management devices, Skyworks is increasing its dollar content per platform in some of the fastest growing market segments. With customers placing greater value on total solutions, Skyworks is creating highly integrated solutions and shortening development cycles for next-generation products.About Skyworks Latest LED Driver Solutions
- SKY81452 is a high efficiency, six channel, white light emitting diode (WLED) backlight driver with touch panel bias for tablet display applications.
- SKY81453 is a high efficiency, six channel, WLED backlight driver for tablet display applications.
- SKY82894 is a high efficiency, three channel, WLED backlight driver for large screen smartphone display applications.
- SKY82895 is a high efficiency, two channel, WLED backlight driver for large screen smartphone display applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV