Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced the availability of a new 60GHz WirelessHD® omnidirectional RF receiver. The SiI6312 is a small form factor integrated circuit (IC) that contains a complete 60GHz RF receiver with an on-chip embedded antenna array. Based on the production-proven third-generation solution, the SiI6312 allows a simple design option for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who want to develop wireless receive adapters for HDTVs optimized for use with WirelessHD-enabled mobile products. The SiI6312 is now sampling to OEMs worldwide.
The SiI6312 is pin-compatible with the current SiI6310, which enables easy upgrades to existing WirelessHD-compatible receive adapters and embedded display designs. Combined with the SiI6321 WirelessHD Receiver Network Processor, the SiI6312 is ideally suited for cost-effective mobile accessory products that can be bundled with WirelessHD-capable mobile devices based on Silicon Image’s UltraGig™ 6400 mobile transmitter.
“The new Sil6312 further advances Silicon Image’s leadership in 60GHz wireless video connectivity,” said Jim Chase, senior director of marketing of the wireless division at Silicon Image, Inc. “This solution ensures that WirelessHD-enabled displays can have a robust, reliable, interference-free connection to mobile devices using the UltraGig 6400 for gaming and other demanding interactive applications.”
Key features and capabilities of the Sil6312 include:
- Optimum RF link in any orientation
- Optimized for use with UltraGig 6400 WirelessHD mobile transmitter
- Low-cost CMOS design with embedded beam forming technology
- In-package embedded antenna array
- Pin-compatible with the SiI6310 Gen3 RF Transceiver
- Low pin count interface to the SiI6320 baseband network processor
- 12mm x 12mm, 76 BGA package
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts