Adobe Systems Incorporated
(Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the immediate availability of a new version of
Adobe® Photoshop® Touch
, optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android smart phones. Inspired by the highly successful Photoshop Touch for tablets, the phone app brings core features of Photoshop desktop software to mobile devices and offers similar intuitive, touch-based gestures and features.
Photoshop Touch on iPhone (Photo: Business Wire)
“Mobile phones are increasingly becoming the primary tool for people to take and edit photos,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe. “Adobe is dedicated to serving our customers’ evolving creative workflow and we heard, loud and clear, that Photoshop fans wanted some core Adobe imaging magic on their smartphones.”
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers powerful new capabilities for smartphone users:
- Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud™ with free 2GB of storage
"Photoshop Touch is a great way to work on an image on my mobile phone. The 400 percent touch zoom and organized interface in Photoshop Touch for phone made enhancing my images fun and easy,” said Brian Yap, creative director, Boxing Clever. “Working with curve adjustments and filters that use slider controls is especially intuitive."
“Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers great depth and value with layering and blending features,” said Richard Gray, mobile photographer, educator and blogger, iphoggy.com. “I’ll be using Photoshop Touch for phone in class with my students this year as we look at the more artistic end of the creative process with dreamscapes and surreal images.”