4. Electronic Arts Inc. ( EA): Market cap at $5.31B, most recent closing price at $17.70.
EA is trading close to its 52-week high. Shares are up nearly 27% on the month. The game-maker, known best for its sports titles, stands to improve sales when the PS4 is released.
Notable companies to watch include:
5. GameStop Corp. ( GME): Market cap at $2.98B, most recent closing price at $24.61.Investors may breathe a sigh of relief. Sony said that it will not block used games, though the PS4 will support on-demand purchases. Still, the used game functionality is clouded, as described here. Limiting the used game segment will hurt GameStop but will also likely hurt Sony’s PS4 sales. 6. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ( AMD): Market cap at $1.8B, most recent closing price at $2.53. The chipmaker will be supplying the graphics and core processor for the PS4. The graphics chip, or GPU, will be 18 “compute units” and can run 1.84 TFLOPS. The CPU is an 8-core 64-bit processor, named “Jaguar.”
( List compiled by Chris Lau. Disclosure: Author has a long position in EA.)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts