AES Eletropaulo Invests R$ 831.1 Million In 2012
SAO PAULO, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de Sao Paulo S/A, [BM&FBovespa: ELPL3, ELPL4; ADRs negotiated at US OTC Market] announced 4Q12 and 2012 results.
The total market in AES Eletropaulo's concession area expanded by 1.0% year-over-year in 2012 and came to 45,557 GWh, reflecting Brazil's low economic growth, which significantly impacted industrial activity in the concession area. On the other hand, the performance was sustained by the consumption of the residential and commercial classes in 2012, owing to higher employment rates and income levels.
AES Eletropaulo's CAPEX totaled R$ 831.1 million in 2012, up 12.5% year-over-year, reflecting the Company's ongoing effort to improve its operational indicators and, consequently, provide top-quality services for its clients.
As for Company's operational performance, SAIDI and SAIFI fell significantly by 19.4% and 14.9% respectively in the 12-month period ending in December, below regulatory limit. at the close of the yearThe Company stepped up its this effort for cost management in order to improve productivity, and efficiency and cost management, highlighting: (i) organizational restructuring; (ii) relocation to the new corporate headquarters centralizing the activities as well as reviewing the number of service offices and optimization of operational bases, leading to real property sales of R$ 239 million, in which R$ 160 million were already sold; and (iii) debt restructuring. The benefits of these initiatives will partly offset the negative impact of the tariff reset and cost pressures, allowing a R$ 100 million drop in the Company's PMSO starting in 2013. At the Annual General Meeting, Management is going to propose paying R$ 54.9 million as dividends and interest on equity, corresponding to 25% of distributable earnings and 2,8% dividend yield in the year. Conference Call / Webcast PRESENTATION: Britaldo Soares – Chief Executive OfficerMr. Rinaldo Pecchio – CFO and Investor Relations Officer DATE : Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 TIME: 15:00 (BR) / 1:00 p.m. (EST) CONNECTION:
- Brazil: (+55 11) 4688-6361
- USA: (1-855) 281-6021
- Other countries: (1 786) 924-6977
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV