Bachelder also commented on the company's forecasts, saying that it's difficult for AFC to offer three to five year guidance given their growth and innovation. Thus, she admitted, their longer-term guidance may be overly conservative.
Bachelder had positive things to say about AFC's international expansion. Despite closing a few stores, she said that the Popeye's concept "travels well" and they're seeing strong demand in Canada, Korea and Turkey and have very high expectations for Peru and the rest of Latin America.
Cramer said that its rare that investors can buy shares in a company that beat their numbers at a sizable discount, but that's exactly the opportunity the markets have provided in AFC.
No Huddle Offense
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV