Class Action Seeks Consumer Dollars Back From Hertz
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nationally known plaintiffs' law firm Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik, LLP, filed a class action complaint on February 22, 2013 against The Hertz Corporation, Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. and Hertz Investors, Inc. for unlawfully overcharging its customers. The complaint, captioned Frederick Cohen et al v. The Hertz Corporation, et al., was filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York by NBRS Senior Partner Alan S. Ripka. The plaintiffs allege that Hertz violated New York and other states' laws by issuing customer coupons and discounts, while knowingly imposing sales tax on the pre-discount total. This unlawful practice has resulted in the overcharging of Hertz customers. Said Ripka: "this overcharge scheme by a multinational multibillion dollar corporate giant may have cheated Hertz's customers out of many millions of dollars."
New York and other states have passed legislation and regulations disallowing this predatory behavior and to protect the public from this unscrupulous business practice that attempts to overcharge customers under the veil of the tax code. The class complaint seeks Hertz's compliance with these laws and regulations and the return of all improperly charged costs and fees to class members.
Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik, LLP, with offices in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, Illinois and California, advocates commercial, environmental, professional liability, products liability and consumer litigation claims for injured plaintiffs and municipalities.
Contact: Alan S. RipkaSenior PartnerNapoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik, LLP(212)267-3700 ARipka@napolibern.comThis release was issued through WebWire(R). For more information visit http://www.webwire.com. SOURCE Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik, LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV