St. David's Medical Center And St. David's North Austin Medical Center Named Among Nation's 100 Top Hospitals® By Truven Health Analytics
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Feb. 25, 2013, St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center were named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals ® by Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters). Truven Health Analytics is a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. This is the fourth consecutive year that St. David's Medical Center has received this prestigious ranking and the second consecutive year for St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
"We are pleased that two of our facilities—St. David's Medical Center, which includes our St. David's Georgetown Hospital campus, and St. David's North Austin Medical Center—have been listed among the top hospitals in the nation," David Huffstutler, president and chief executive officer of St. David's HealthCare, said. "This honor is a direct reflection of our commitment to providing patients with the highest quality of care."
The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals study evaluates performance in 10 areas—mortality; medical complications; patient safety; average patient stay; expenses; profitability; patient satisfaction; adherence to clinical standards of care; post-discharge mortality; and readmission rates for acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure and pneumonia.
St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center were among only nine Texas hospitals to be recognized with this designation.St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center were selected from among nearly 3,000 short-term, acute care, non-federal hospitals in the United States for demonstrating that high-quality patient outcomes can be achieved while improving efficiency. According to the organization, if all hospitals performed at the same level as the 100 Top Hospitals award winners (based on analysis of Medicare inpatients over one year):
- More than 164,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- Approximately 82,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- The average patient stay would decrease by nearly half a day.
- More than $6 billion could be saved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV