SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The USANA True Health Foundation, the charity established by USANA Health Sciences (NYSE: USNA), is pleased to announce its donation of $10,000 NZ to KidsCan, a nonprofit organization in New Zealand, in response to Mike Allsop completing The 777 Project. The challenge included running seven marathons in seven days on seven continents. Mike is the first New Zealander to complete this feat.
"Wow, I can't believe it's over," Mike said. "I'm overjoyed at my accomplishment and the success that myself, the USANA True Health Foundation, and everyone who donated to KidsCan brought to the charity. This has truly been an experience of a lifetime."
Before Mike began his journey, the USANA True Foundation donated $2,000 NZ to KidsCan during The 777 Project kickoff celebration in Auckland on Feb. 2. The Foundation donated an additional $1,000 NZ for each marathon Mike completed. When all seven legs were completed, the Foundation gave a $1,000 NZ bonus - making the total donation $10,000 NZ.KidsCan is an organization dedicated to supporting the physical and nutritional needs of disadvantaged New Zealand children. It aims to help children reach their potential. "The Foundation was following and rooting for Mike through his entire journey," said James Bramble, a member of the USANA True Health Foundation Board of Directors. "We're inspired by Mike's accomplishment and honored to donate to a charity that so closely aligns its efforts with our own." After his recovery, Mike plans to write a book about his experiences on The 777 Project, with proceeds going to KidsCan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV