SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aerojet, a GenCorp (NYSE:GY) company, announced that yesterday afternoon, Vice President of Quality & Mission Assurance, Lee Tait, presented a check for $100,000 to the board of the Powerhouse Science Center as part of its $1.5 million commitment toward creation of the new Aerojet Challenger Learning Center in Sacramento.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17354
In December 2011, Aerojet became the first title sponsor of the planned Powerhouse Science Center ( www.powerhousesciencecenter.org ), the new home of the Discovery Museum Science & Space Center set to break ground later in 2013 and open its doors in 2015."Aerojet's unique partnership with the Discovery Museum goes back more than 17 years and highlights the company's continuing commitment to STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education and to the Sacramento community," said Aerojet President Warren M. Boley, Jr. "The new Powerhouse Science Center will be a science and technology jewel for the region and I'm excited about the huge impact our expanded, high-tech Challenger Learning Center will make in inspiring future generations." "Since 1997, Aerojet has taken the lead role in supporting our highly successful Challenger Learning Center," said Michele Wong, board president of Powerhouse Science Center. "Their longstanding support and generosity makes a positive impact on the quality of STEM education throughout our region."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV