Nordson MARCH, a global leader in plasma processing technology, received the New Product Introduction (NPI) Award for its FlexVIA ™ Plasma System, a completely self-contained vacuum plasma system designed for maximum efficiency and cost-effective etch, desmear and surface activation treatment of flexible printed circuit boards (PCBs). The award, presented by Printed Circuit Design & Fab magazine on February 19 th , was determined by judging criteria that included innovation, cost effectiveness, environmental friendliness, ease-of-use, speed, throughput, design and performance.
The FlexVIA Plasma System is used during PCB manufacture to uniformly treat the inner surface layer of flex PCBs prior to lamination for improved adhesion and reliability. The system features a space-saving, compact chassis and an advanced horizontal electrode design to provide optimum material alignment. Utilizing patented plasma technology, the FlexVIA System does not require the use of temperature control, a blower, or expensive fluorine gases. Environmentally friendly and cost-effective gas plasma solutions, such as argon (Ar) and oxygen (O 2), are utilized to maximize cost savings. The dual-rack chamber accommodates up to eighteen 20 x 24 inch panels in a single cycle and both sides of the flex material surface area are treated in a single-step process enabling a rate of 80 to 120 units per hour (UPH).
“The FlexVIA System represents significant advances in plasma treatment technology culminating from more than 25 years of research and development,” stated Dr. James Getty, president, Nordson MARCH. “We would like to thank Printed Circuit Design & Fab and its panel of industry experts for the recognition.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV