LATROBE, Pa., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kennametal Inc. announced today that its U.S. and Canada‑based employees raised over $871,000 in support of its 2012 United Way Campaign, setting new company records for participation and giving, exceeding the prior year's efforts by $123,000.
"I am extremely proud of our Kennametal team's generosity and willingness to support the many communities in which we work and live," said Kennametal Chairman, President and CEO Carlos Cardoso. "Giving back is something we care very deeply about, whether catering to customers' needs or those of our neighbors, it is embedded in our culture and has been that way for the past 75 years."
Kennametal's fundraising efforts will benefit United Way agencies throughout the United States. Among highlights of its participation throughout the year:
- More than 1,400 employees pledged $568,000 to the campaign, in addition to participating in numerous fundraising events and volunteer activities such as the United Way's "Day of Caring" community outreach projects;
- The company's annual Strategic Supplier Golf Outing raised over $156,000, including $40,000 given by the Kennametal Foundation; and
- An additional $107,000 in matching gifts from the Richard King Mellon Foundation.
Celebrating its 75
th year as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments. The company provides innovative wear-resistant products and application engineering backed by advanced material science, serving customers in 60 countries across diverse sectors of aerospace, earthworks, energy, industrial production, transportation and infrastructure. With approximately 13,000 employees and nearly $3 billion in sales, the company realizes half of its revenue from outside
North America, and 40% globally from innovations introduced in the past five years. Recognized among the "World's Most Ethical Companies" (Ethisphere); "Outstanding Corporate Innovator" (Product Development Management Association); and "America's Safest Companies" (EHS Today) with a focus on 100% safety, Kennametal and its foundation invest in technical education, industrial technologies and material science to deliver the promise of progress and economic prosperity to people everywhere. For more information, visit the company's website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV