CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cempra, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMP) today announced that Prabhavathi Fernandes, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of Cempra, will present at the Cowen and Company 33 rd Annual Health Care Conference at 2:10 p.m. EST, Monday, March 4, at the Boston Marriott Copley Place in Boston. Dr. Fernandes will provide an update of the company's two differentiated antibiotics, solithromycin (CEM-101) for community-acquired bacterial pneumonia and TAKSTA™ (CEM-102 or fusidic acid) for the chronic, oral treatment of gram positive pathogens including methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) in prosthetic joint infections.
About Cempra, Inc. Founded in 2006, Cempra, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing antibiotics to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases. Cempra's two lead product candidates are in advanced clinical development; solithromycin in Phase 3 for CABP and TAKSTA™ in Phase 2 for prosthetic joint infections. Both seek to address the need for new treatments targeting drug-resistant bacterial infections in the hospital and in the community. The company also intends to use its series of proprietary lead compounds from its novel macrolide library for uses such as the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases, endocrine diseases and gastric motility disorders. Additional information about Cempra can be found at www.cempra.com.
Investor and Media Contacts:
Robert E. Flamm, Ph.D. Russo Partners, LLC (212) 845-4226 Robert.email@example.comAndreas Marathovouniotis Russo Partners, LLC (212) 845-4235 Andreas.firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Cempra, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV