CAMP HILL, Pa., Feb. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diversified global industrial company Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) announced today new orders in its Harsco Rail track maintenance group, including four new equipment orders from China. Terms of the orders were not disclosed.
The orders further expand Harsco Rail's growing presence serving China's multi-city metro transit network, with the production of 20-stone rail grinders from four separate metro rail systems, each in the process of expanding its service network with additional rail lines and track infrastructure. The Harsco units will be used to contour and smooth rail surfaces to increase train speeds, enhance fuel efficiency, and support safety. All four of the rail companies are new customers to Harsco. Deliveries of the units, all planned as part of 2013 production, are scheduled for the second half of this year.
Harsco Rail has also secured a new services order for a two-year track renewal project in North America. The project, which starts next month and continues into mid-2014, will involve the upgrade of nearly 20 miles of track and the replacement of more than 45,000 ties, working on weekends to minimize disruption to heavily-used mainlines.Harsco Corporation is a global company serving major industries that are fundamental to worldwide economic and infrastructure development, including steel and metals production, construction, railways and energy. Harsco's common stock is a component of the S&P MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index. Additional information can be found at www.harsco.com . The Harsco Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=361
CONTACT: Investor Contact James Jacobson 717.612.5628 email@example.com Media Contact Kenneth Julian 717.730.3683 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV