Newman Ferrara LLP is conducting an investigation on behalf of shareholders of Avid Technology, Inc. (“Avid”) (Nasdaq) (“AVID”) into potential violations of federal securities laws and breaches of fiduciary duty by Avid and certain of its officers and directors.
On February 25, 2013, Avid announced that it is postponing its fourth-quarter earnings release, originally scheduled for February 26, indefinitely due to accounting issues. Specifically, Avid stated that it needs “additional time for the Company to evaluate its current and historical accounting treatment related to bug fixes, upgrades and enhancements to certain products which the Company has provided to certain customers.” Avid announced that it is “unable to estimate when the evaluation will be completed.” On this news, shares of Avid stock dropped approximately 12% in value to a February 25, 2013 trading price of $6.71 per share.
Shareholders of Avid stock may contact Newman Ferrara attorneys Jeffrey Norton ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or Roy Shimon ( email@example.com) by email or call (212) 619-5400 to discuss this investigation and their rights as Avid shareholders.
Whistleblowers: Persons with knowledge that may aid in the investigation of this matter are encouraged to contact the firm. Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Bill, whistleblowers are protected from employer retaliation and may be entitled to as much as 30 percent of the recovery if the information provided leads to a successful action.Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV