THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc ("Shell") (NYSE:RDS.A) (NYSE:RDS.B) continues to expand its industry leadership in Liquefied Natural Gas ("LNG"), today agreeing to acquire part of Repsol S.A's ("Repsol") LNG portfolio outside of North America, including supply positions in Peru and Trinidad & Tobago, for a cash consideration of $4.4 billion. Shell will also assume and consolidate balance sheet liabilities predominantly reflecting leases for LNG ship charters of currently $1.8 billion. The balance sheet impacts are subject to final assessment prior to completion of the transaction.
"Shell's world-wide LNG supply position and customer base means we are uniquely positioned to add value to Repsol's LNG portfolio, including through Shell's trading capabilities," said Chief Executive Officer Peter Voser. "By optimising the combined portfolios we will increase our ability to bring LNG to areas that need it the most, adding value for Shell, our partners and our customers."
The acquisition will add a new dynamic to Shell's portfolio, namely LNG capacity in the West Atlantic from Atlantic LNG in Trinidad & Tobago, and in the East Pacific from Peru LNG. These additions will complement Shell's existing LNG capacity in Africa, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Russia. The acquisition should add some 7.2 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG volumes through long-term off-take agreements, including some 4 mtpa of equity LNG plant capacity.Shell expects to add value to this portfolio by optimizing the new LNG flows in our world-wide customer base. Subject to successful completion, the new portfolio is expected to immediately provide additional cash flow to Shell, with limited on-going capital expenditure requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV