"There is nothing like personal experiences to help to improve the teaching of your subject," said Beth Platt, a science teacher from Smithtown, N.Y., who was part of ECO Classroom 2012. "I also developed a wonderful support group with colleagues in other parts of the country with whom I can share ideas and lesson plans. I think that all of the participants have grown as educators and as scientists, and both of these things will benefit our students for years to come."
About Conservation International
Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, CI empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity, for the long term well-being of people. Founded in 1987, CI is headquartered in the Washington, D.C., area and employs more than 800 staff in nearly 30 countries on four continents and works with more than 1,000 partners around the world. For more information, please see www.conservation.org , or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
About the Northrop Grumman FoundationThe Northrop Grumman Foundation supports diverse and sustainable programs for students and teachers. These programs create innovative education experiences in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. For more information please visit www.northropgrumman.com/foundation .
CONTACT: Mark Root Northrop Grumman Corporation 703-280-2739 (office) 571-425-2132 (cell) firstname.lastname@example.org Katrin Olson Conservation International 703-341-2768 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV