Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Don't focus on Italy, focus on the best way to make money, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" TV show viewers Tuesday. He said the best way to make money in the markets is not to fret over Italy but to focus on everything that's working right here in America.
Cramer said the days when Italy's economy could drag the U.S. down with it are over. The U.S. is stronger, he said, while Italy, and indeed most of Europe, has only slid further into irrelevancy.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S. we have an unbelievable housing recovery underway, one that's led Home Depot (HD) to post what Cramer called the single best earnings so far in 2013.Home Depot, a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Chip Johnson, CEO of Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO), a stock that's fallen 20% since Cramer last spoke with Johnson in March 2012. The company just posted a 19-cent-a-share earnings beat. Johnson said Carrizo is still building value for its shareholders. He said the company's proven reserves are now valued at $1.4 billion. Adding on unproven assets, that figure is likely north of $3.6 billion. Unlike many drillers that have been slow to transition away from natural gas and into the more lucrative oil markets, Carrizo has been able to move quickly, said Johnson, which is only helping production increase ahead of schedule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV