1. As of noon trading, H&R Block ( HRB) is up $0.26 (1.1%) to $24.53 on light volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of H&R Block exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.33-$24.70 after having opened the day at $24.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.27. H&R Block, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of tax preparation and related services to the general public in the United States, Canada, and Australia. H&R Block has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate H&R Block a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates H&R Block as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Get the full H&R Block Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts