SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE 2013 --
- The convergence of Big Data with mobility, cloud, and a social media-driven society have created unparalleled opportunities alongside an equally evolving threat landscape.
- Big Data analytics and velocity lead to intelligence-driven security models that can learn and evolve from continuously changing threats.
- The security industry must adopt an adaptive capacity to meet the challenges of advanced threats.
In his opening keynote at RSA Conference 2013, Art Coviello, Executive Vice President of EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC ® (NYSE: EMC) addressed a record crowd about the ways that Big Data is transforming the security industry, information technology, business and society. Specifically Coviello articulated how an intelligence-driven security strategy that uses powerful Big Data analytics will help security practitioners regain the advantages of vigilance and time to better detect and defend against advanced threats.Coviello noted the sheer amount of unstructured data being mined and the richness and variability of that data provides great opportunities for business and society, while that same data also provides new attack vectors for adversaries. "But, new tools and techniques are coming online to analyze all of this data. It won't be long before Big Data applications and stores become the 'crown jewels' of an organization. . . And those crown jewels will be readily accessible in the cloud and via mobile devices across our hyper-connected enterprises – and not just by us, but by our adversaries as well." Coviello also called for a more realistic level of understanding when it comes to the escalation of threats. "Having the right level of understanding is key, because if we, as an industry, overhype this situation, organizations won't take the necessary measures to prepare themselves."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts