WASHINGTON, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovative science, private sector investment and public-private collaboration are the foundation for harnessing new sources of energy, DuPont Chair and CEO Ellen Kullman told leaders today at the 2013 Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) Energy Innovation Summit. Speaking to over 2,700 leaders from the U.S. energy industry, government and academia, Kullman outlined how DuPont has developed and brought to scale cost-effective sustainable solar energy with its expertise in material science. Additionally, the company is commercializing advanced renewable fuels through its strength in bioscience.
"Because of our long-term reliance on petroleum, there is no other challenge in greater need of innovation than our modern energy needs," Kullman said.
With global energy demand expected to double by 2050, Kullman emphasized that scientific innovation is the key to building a varied energy supply. "The challenge we collectively face is how to make our energy mix more diverse, sustainable and cleaner, while assuring that the world has all the energy it needs to thrive," said Kullman. "We are applying our science to enable new sources of energy in ways that make them accessible and affordable in global markets."
Kullman outlined three essential elements which will make significant advances in energy:
- real energy solutions take time and investment and require collaboration;
- science has to be translated into business if it is going to result in solutions that actually make a difference;
- a stable energy policy encourages R&D investment in novel and transformative energy technologies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV