"In today's hyper-connected world, massive amounts of data enter and leave enterprises at lightning speed," said Prakash Nagpal, senior vice president of product management and marketing, Narus. "Narus' leading big data cyber analytics solutions running on Teradata delivers the technology needed to implement cyber security strategies to address the threats of tomorrow."
Today's announcement was made at the RSA Conference, the world's leading information security conference and exposition, where Teradata and Narus are available for meetings in booth #1841.
Relevant News Links
- Check out this new Cyber Security Report : "Big Data Analytics in Cyber Defense" by the Ponemon Institute.
- See the new Teradata cyber security Infographic: An Overview of Cyber Defense .
- Teradata UDA Point of View paper: "Data, when exploited, is an effective weapon in combatting cyber security threats."
- Teradata Again Named a Leader in the Latest Gartner Data Warehouse Database Management Systems Magic Quadrant - 2/5/2013
Cybersecurity vocabulary notes
- 1 DDOS, or Distributed Denial of Service, is an attack where multiple compromised systems can be infected with a Trojan.
- 2 The Domain Name System (DNS) translates Internet domain and host names to IP addresses. DNS enumeration is the process of locating all the DNS servers and their corresponding records for an organization. Records can can yield information such as usernames, computer names, and IP addresses of potential target systems.
- 3 Botnets are automated software programs that perform tasks on a network with some degree of autonomy
Narus, an independent subsidiary of The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA), is a pioneer in cybersecurity and is one of the first companies to apply patented advanced analytics to proactively identify cyber threats from insiders and outside intruders. The innovative Narus nSystem of products and applications is based on the principles of Cyber 3.0, where the semantic Web and cyber intersect. Using incisive intelligence culled from big data analytics, Narus nSystem identifies, predicts and characterizes the most advanced security threats, empowering organizations to better protect their critical assets. Narus counts governments, carriers and enterprises around the world among its growing customer base. The company is based in the heart of Silicon Valley, in Sunnyvale, Calif. To learn more about Narus, please visit www.narus.com.About Teradata Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world's leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible for competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts