The Board of Directors of Oriental Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: OFG) will ask shareholders at the annual meeting on April 24, 2013 to change the Company’s name to OFG Bancorp.
“OFG Bancorp better reflects the Company’s broader banking scope,” said José Rafael Fernández, President, Chief Executive Officer and Vice Chairman of the Board.
The names of the Company’s three principal operating subsidiaries, Oriental Bank, Oriental Financial Services and Oriental Insurance, will remain unchanged.
ABOUT ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUPOriental Financial Group Inc. is a diversified financial holding company that operates under U.S. and Puerto Rico banking laws and regulations, principally through its three subsidiaries, Oriental Bank, Oriental Financial Services and Oriental Insurance. Now in its 49th year in business, Oriental provides a full range of commercial, consumer and mortgage banking services, as well as financial planning, trust, insurance, investment brokerage and investment banking services, primarily in Puerto Rico, through 64 financial centers. Investor information about Oriental can be found at www.orientalfg.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV