"Android is by far the most popular mobile operating system in the world today, with a market share of more than 75 percent in the third quarter, according to industry analysts," said Avi Turiel, director of threat research and market analysis at Commtouch. "Its popularity makes it a natural target for cybercriminals of all kinds. The alarming growth rate also demonstrates that the Android platform is still regarded as an easy target. Effective protective measures are urgently needed. With its Mobile Security for Android, Commtouch offers a solution that combines antivirus and Web Security and can be integrated into offerings from carriers, MDM providers, device manufacturers and application developers."
Commtouch's Internet Threat Analysis Team regularly publishes related statistics within its report. The quarterly report is compiled based on a comprehensive analysis of billions of daily transactions handled by Commtouch's GlobalView™ Cloud.
To view the Commtouch Q4 Internet Threats Trend Report, visit: http://www.commtouch.com/threat-report-feb-2013/
About CommtouchCommtouch ® (NASDAQ: CTCH) is a leading provider of Internet security technology and cloud-based services for vendors and service providers, increasing the value and profitability of our customer's solutions by protecting billions of Internet transactions on a daily basis. With six global data centers and award-winning, patented technology, Commtouch's email, web, and antivirus capabilities easily integrate into our customers' products and solutions, keeping safe over 350 million end users. To learn more, visit http://www.commtouch.com.
- Blog: http://blog.commtouch.com/cafe
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/commtouch
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/commtouch
- Twitter: @Commtouch
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV