WARREN, N.J., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWL9581 front-end integrated circuit (FEIC) for a new 802.11ac router manufactured by a leading WiFi device provider in Japan. This high-performance gigabit WiFi router is optimized for home networks and is expected to launch in the first quarter 2013.
The emerging IEEE 802.11ac standard supports high throughput multi-station connectivity with speeds up to one gigabit per second. ANADIGICS' front-end ICs provide world-class integration, efficiency, and linearity to minimize time-to-market, improve thermal characteristics, and maximize throughput in infrastructure applications, such as routers and access points.
"ANADIGICS' new WiFi front-end ICs are setting the industry standard for mobile, connectivity, and infrastructure applications," said Dave Cresci, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "Our devices provide the industry's best combination of linearity and noise figure performance to achieve gigabit transmission at greater ranges. As the adoption of 802.11ac accelerates, OEMs and ODMs are increasingly selecting our FEICs to power next-generation WiFi solutions that offer users real-world performance advantages."ANADIGICS' 802.11ac FEICs leverage the Company's exclusive InGaP- Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to combine a power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA), and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration reduces PCB space requirements and simplifies RF front-end design. The Company's FEICs also deliver exceptional error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput at extended range. ANADIGICS AWL9581 FEIC Key Facts and Highlights:
- Industry-leading integration of the 5 GHz PA, LNA, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
- Best-in-class power efficiency to provide optimal thermal performance
- Low EVM to maintain high-modulation accuracy for error-free transmission
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics