DALLAS, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first 35-V, single-channel, output stage power management gate drivers for insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) and silicon carbide (SiC) FETs. TI's new UCC27531 and UCC27532 output stage gate drivers with split output provide the most efficient output drive capability, shortest propagation delay and increased system protection for isolated power designs, such as solar DC/AC inverters, uninterruptible power supplies and electric vehicle charging. For more information and samples, visit: www.ti.com/ucc27531-pr.
Today's renewable energy applications require power components that safely deliver more power with greater efficiency. Designers prefer to use IGBTs or the latest SiC FETs that achieve lower power loss at greater than 400 V. Those devices also have standoff voltages up to 1,200 volts, and offer lower ON resistance than equivalent MOSFETs. They are often managed by a TI microcontroller or dedicated digital power controller, such as the UCD3138. Next-generation IGBT- and SiC FET-based designs also require both power and signal isolation from the noisy switching environment of the power stage.
The UCC27531 and UCC27532 prevent the digital controllers from operating too close to the power circuitry, extending the lifetime of isolated power designs.
Key features and benefits of the UCC27531:
- Strong output drive capability: Peak current of 2.5 A source and 5 A sink allows fast charging of IGBTs and ensures reliable and efficient operation.
- Fastest propagation time: 17 ns typical delay improves driver efficiency.
- High reliability: UVLO settings and rail-to-rail output voltage provide system protection.
- Handles noisy environments: Negative input voltage handling allows the driver to support many industrial designs.
- System protection: Split-output configuration improves Miller turn-on immunity and prevents damage of IGBT/MOSFET.
- Review TI's power supply control portfolio for isolated power designs.
- Check out the new 2.5-A isolated gate driver, ISO5500 with over-current protection.
- Learn more about TI's motor drive and control solutions.
- Design with 32-bit, real-time control, such as TI's C2000™ Delfino™ and Piccolo™ microcontrollers.
- Ask questions and help solve problems in the Power Forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV