Hortonworks Data Platform Gains Full Visibility and Instant Insight into Hadoop Performance with Compuware APM
DETROIT, Feb. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced that Hortonworks, the leading vendor for complete 100 percent open source Apache Hadoop distributions, has partnered with Compuware to optimize the performance of Hadoop applications on the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). The integration of the Compuware application performance management (APM) solution with Hortonworks Data Platform provides complete visibility and deep dive analysis into MapReduce.
"Our customers are building and running large Hadoop clusters with a significant volume of MapReduce jobs. Having deep visibility into jobs and tasks allows customers to define and measure service-level agreements (SLAs) and ensure optimum performance," said Mitch Ferguson, vice president of business development at Hortonworks. "It also provides unparalleled insight for developers into their code, reducing both time and effort to fix bugs or triage slow performance. We are pleased to partner with Compuware, who have a tremendously powerful, comprehensive APM solution that is also easy to use."Compuware APM provides unprecedented visibility into NoSQL databases and Hadoop applications across hundreds or even thousands of nodes. With its patented PurePath Technology ® , Compuware APM with HDP will enable customers to:
- analyze job and task performance with deep tracing, allowing one-click access to the hotspot and root cause of errors and slow running jobs;
- gain complete visibility throughout Hadoop and the business applications that rely on it;
- reduce mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) to resolve issues and reduce the level of expertise required -- from days to minutes -- especially in large environments; and
- resolve issues proactively across the application lifecycle, from development to QA to production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV