Hortonworks Data Platform Gains Full Visibility and Instant Insight into Hadoop Performance with Compuware APM
DETROIT, Feb. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced that Hortonworks, the leading vendor for complete 100 percent open source Apache Hadoop distributions, has partnered with Compuware to optimize the performance of Hadoop applications on the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). The integration of the Compuware application performance management (APM) solution with Hortonworks Data Platform provides complete visibility and deep dive analysis into MapReduce.
"Our customers are building and running large Hadoop clusters with a significant volume of MapReduce jobs. Having deep visibility into jobs and tasks allows customers to define and measure service-level agreements (SLAs) and ensure optimum performance," said Mitch Ferguson, vice president of business development at Hortonworks. "It also provides unparalleled insight for developers into their code, reducing both time and effort to fix bugs or triage slow performance. We are pleased to partner with Compuware, who have a tremendously powerful, comprehensive APM solution that is also easy to use."Compuware APM provides unprecedented visibility into NoSQL databases and Hadoop applications across hundreds or even thousands of nodes. With its patented PurePath Technology ® , Compuware APM with HDP will enable customers to:
- analyze job and task performance with deep tracing, allowing one-click access to the hotspot and root cause of errors and slow running jobs;
- gain complete visibility throughout Hadoop and the business applications that rely on it;
- reduce mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) to resolve issues and reduce the level of expertise required -- from days to minutes -- especially in large environments; and
- resolve issues proactively across the application lifecycle, from development to QA to production.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts