Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITRI) announced today that Las Vegas Valley Water District (LVVWD), a not-for-profit agency that provides water to more than 1 million residents and 35 million annual visitors in Southern Nevada, has selected Itron’s automated metering solution to improve operational efficiency and streamline meter reading.
The contract includes nearly 400,000 Itron water communication modules for residential and commercial customers as well as Itron’s mobile collection system, field collection system software and overall project management. The technology will be installed over the next five years.
The automated metering solution will enable LVVWD to remotely collect meter data, improving efficiency and accuracy of meter reads. It will also give the utility access to detailed usage data for faster bill resolution, enhanced conservation programs and improved customer service.
“Helping utilities make the most of their metering systems and their meter data is our top priority,” said Paula Billingham, vice president of sales, marketing and delivery for Water North America at Itron. “Itron’s automated metering solution for water will give LVVWD the tools it needs to streamline operations and maximize its resources today and into the future.”About Itron Itron is a global technology company. We build solutions that help utilities measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement and control technology; communications systems; software; and professional services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 utilities in more than 100 countries, Itron empowers utilities to responsibly and efficiently manage energy and water resources. Join us in creating a more resourceful world; start here: www.itron.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV