As reports of corporate data breaches regularly surface, Dell Software is enabling IT to drive connected security across the organization, offering protection from the inside and the outside. Today, Dell announced the release of Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix, which combines Active Directory bridge and root delegation technologies to combat against poorly managed privileged accounts with a single, intuitive interface, to help protect the organization from the inside out.
Hackers increasingly are mounting targeted, purposeful attacks on company infrastructure. Reports abound of disgruntled employees who misuse their privileged access to steal sensitive company data and customer information, or cause havoc to the organization’s computer system. Unix systems, by their nature, have the potential for catastrophic security lapses, particularly in the hands of an unhappy employee. Organizations often have many Unix and Linux servers, each functioning independently and requiring its own management of the shared root account. Not only does this result in a disconnected collection of inconsistent controls that rely heavily on error-prone manual processes, but it also means that access to the root account for each system is gained through a password often shared among IT staff.
- Dell Software has refocused the lens on security to establish a connected perimeter around the entire IT environment, offering protection from threats both external and internal. To help protect the organization from the inside out, Dell’s Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix unifies and consolidates identities across the entire environment, assigning individual accountability and enabling centralized reporting for Unix access.
- Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix bundles three privileged account management solutions under a unified console designed to resolve the management and security shortcomings inherent in Unix.
- Authentication Services is Dell’s AD bridge solution, which extends the security and compliance of Active Directory to Unix and Linux ─ along with Mac and many enterprise applications ─ and shares a powerful management interface and tight integration with both Quest One Privilege Manager for Unix and Quest One Privilege Manager for Sudo.
- Quest One Privilege Manager for Unix is a replacement for sudo that provides fine-grained, policy-based control to protect the full power of root access from potential misuse or abuse, and helps define and enforce security policies stipulating who has access to which root function, as well as when and where individuals can perform those functions.
- Quest One Privilege Manager for Sudo takes privileged account management using sudo to the next level, eliminating inefficient and inconsistent box-by-box management. Dell’s unique plug-ins can enhance sudo 1.8.1 (and newer) with a central policy server, centralized management of sudo and the sudoers’ policy file, and centralized reporting on sudoers access rights and activities, as well as keystroke logging of activities performed through sudo.
- Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix gives IT a modular and integrated privileged account management solution with a unified single source of the truth for access across the entire Unix/Linux environment, using sudo or advanced delegation capabilities that best fit the organization’s needs.
- Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix is available immediately, with North American pricing starting at $524USD* per server.
Supporting Quotes:John Milburn, Executive Director, Identity and Access Management Solutions, Dell Software “Poorly managed privileged accounts present one of the biggest security threats to an organization. This means that IT must broaden its security defense beyond a single inflection point, to drive protection from both the outside in and the inside out. The Quest One Privileged Access Suite for Unix offers a complete range of authentication, authorization and administration capabilities for Unix/Linux access that affords enterprise protection from the inside out.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV