Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced that Johnson Controls, a global leader in delivering solutions that increase energy efficiency in buildings, is using Motorola’s award-winning RhoMobile Suite to create a highly flexible, mobile work environment and make cross-platform application development easier.
The RhoMobile Suite is the only true HTML 5 cross-platform development framework on the market that brings together a consumer-style application experience with an enterprise-grade feature set. You get the freedom to choose the device that will best serve each job or even bring your own, since one application version runs on many operating systems (OS) and types of devices. By leveraging RhoConnect and RhoElements, part of the RhoMobile Suite, Johnson Controls enables its field service workers to use its mobile applications anywhere, anytime.
As new OS versions become relevant for their various applications, Johnson Controls will be able to quickly add support for a new OS or device without having to change the underlying business logic.
Johnson Controls has one of the largest technical service organizations in North America. Its workforce is trained and equipped to deliver increased energy efficiency, lower operating costs and provide improved operations in buildings. The new mobility enhancements will improve the customer experience by streamlining the flow of information delivered to technicians, such as service history and asset information. The portable, connected devices provide technicians with an advantage by giving them access to a growing list of applications, such as technical documentation and Global Positioning System (GPS) route optimization apps.KEY FACTS
- RhoConnect provides simplified integration with backend systems including Siebel Field Service – an essential requirement in Johnson Controls’ adoption, which reduced direct coding by more than 40 percent, saving the company both time and money.
- RhoElements provides a set of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that allow you to easily incorporate any function present on any mobile device into your applications – regardless of whether that function is native to the device or provided through an add-on accessory.
- RhoMobile applications are OS-agnostic and able to support current and future enterprise- and consumer-class operating systems including Microsoft Windows® Embedded Handheld, Microsoft Windows® Embedded Compact, Microsoft Windows® Phone 7 and 8 Series, Apple® iOS, Android® and BlackBerry®.
- RhoConnect connects smartphones with a company's enterprise data systems and allows for application data to be synchronized over a Wi-Fi or cellular connection for use while offline.
- The RhoElements 2.2 and RhoConnect 3.4 releases included support for building desktop ("Big Windows") and iOS 6 apps, advanced security with public-key infrastructure encryption, expanded device capabilities and advanced bundled push notification service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV