SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FX Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FXEN) today reported that it has drilled and cored a 36 meter section of Main Dolomite in the Tuchola-3K well. The Main Dolomite is the first of two target zones in this well. Very good gas shows were observed throughout the entire 36 meter section, but the drill stem test (DST) of the Main Dolomite from 2,641 to 2,677 meters did not encounter any inflow of gas or fluid. Core samples confirm that the Main Dolomite is tight and the fractures are cemented with anhydrite. Drilling will continue on the Tuchola-3K well to test a projected Devonian oil target at a depth of 3,180-3,820 meters.
"The Main Dolomite is present as mapped and charged with gas as we had expected," said Jerzy Maciolek, Vice President of International Exploration. "The problem we have encountered in the Tuchola-3K well, as with other Main Dolomite fields in Poland, is that reservoir quality is capricious: portions of the reservoir are cemented while other portions are quite porous and permeable. Clearly the Main Dolomite is gas charged and a nearby area with better reservoir properties should yield favorable results."
"We will use the data from this wellbore to calibrate our existing seismic for the direct detection of porous dolomite," continued Mr. Maciolek. "If we can detect good reservoir quality nearby in this reef trend, we would like to test it as soon as possible. This could be done by a sidetrack from the Tuchola-3K wellbore itself, if the deeper Devonian oil target is not successful. Alternatively, we could schedule a new well to test the Main Dolomite nearby. We are encouraged about Main Dolomite gas potential in the Tuchola concession and plan to increase our exploration efforts in this target area."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV